Pages

Slider

Friday, January 16, 2009

New Orleans

We went to New Orleans during the Christmas holidays. Next time, Marc and I are going by ourselves and leaving the kiddos with there grandparents :) Once Joshua saw the sharks and the jelly fish and sea horses at the aquarium, that was all he cared about. He wanted to go home. They did not enjoy the historical significance of New Orleans or the culture, and all that walking.... well they didn't enjoy that at all! I wish I had a hov-a-round for each of the kids.. I just knew they would enjoy it, but not so. I suppose I should have realized that New Orleans was more interesting to me because I grew up in Louisiana with all it's culture, etc, but not so much for the little ones. Joshua was so afraid his mommy was gonna get left behind and get lost, that he didn't want me taking pictures :)

Taken on the River Walk next to the River Walk mall
The St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square
This was in the French Quarter right outside the River Walk, I just loved the colors of the
building against the blue clouded sky.
The kids are tired of walking by this point:)
Getting ready for Mardi Gras...
Jazz musicians playing at one of the resturants in the French Quarter on Bourbon Street
All swords go in the back of the shirt or the pants....must be a boy thing
Getting their ballons made..
Humoring me for one picture with their glasses on...Joshua picked out the red ones, no other color would good enough and Morgan loved the purple ones..

These guys were funny... painting themselves up and then being as still as they could. Once I took a picture of this guy he went PSST...and pointed towards his bucket for me to drop some change in... we obliged him, I mean after all...I did take a picture :)
The Saint Louis Cathedral from a different angle..



We found this lady in the Square that made head bands out of dried flowers, so Morgan bought some.


Tabasco....a Louisiana favorite



Ok..how cheesy can this get :)



The lion fish at the Aquriam
In the rain forest at the aquarium...and you see the extreme in the kids shirts?? Well it was over 76 degrees that December Day! It was literally warm enough for Morgan to wear a tank top.

Why HELLO there.... what big smile you have.... looks like he's sucking on his bottom lip, huh??




This was feeding time for the manta rays.. It was a frenzy, they were so cool to watch. I love to watch them, they always look like they are smiling, like nothing ever gets them down ;)
I just LOVE the clown fish. They are so adorably cute...



0 comments:

Post a Comment