Pages

Slider

Friday, January 9, 2009

Morgan's Bible reading

I am so far behind on my blogging, but I will get back in the swing of things soon and post pictures and other fun stuff. I had to share my conversation with Morgan tonight. She was doing her daily Bible devotion and came to ask me about spending time with God. She said, 'I say 2 prayers every night, the Lord's prayer, and then I have my conversation with Him'. How do I spend time with Him?" So we talked about it for a minute, and she decided that she really just wanted to put on some praise and worship music and sing and dance. She loves to sing and dance especially when we are at church to praise and worship music. We have plenty here at the house and with the new radio system her Paw-Paw got her for Christmas, she listens to her music and can worship whenever she wants. I think the idea of sitting quietly for a few minutes waiting for God to talk to her made her a bit nervous, but that will change as her relationship grows and she matures. So I told her I loved that she knew the Lord's prayer by heart because I don't even know it by heart, and she says, 'Well, you can have my pillow. It will take you about a week to learn it reading it everyday." Her Mo'mie (Grandmother in french) made her a pillow with the Lord's prayer on one side, and it is her favorite pillow. She went to sleep every night reading the Lord's Prayer till she remembered it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment